Child Protection Policy Statement
Youth Unlimited CIC is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for children and young people.
We do this by:
• Recognising that all children have the right to be free from abuse.
• Ensuring that all our staff and volunteers are carefully selected and accept responsibility for helping to prevent the abuse of children in their care.
• Responding swiftly and appropriately to all suspicions or allegations of abuse and providing parents and children with the opportunity to voice concerns they may have.
• Appointing Child Protection Officers who will take specific responsibility for child protection and act as the main point of contact for parents, children and outside agencies. Our Child Protection Officers will be DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) checked.
• Ensuring access to confidential information is restricted to the Child Protection Officers or the appropriate external authorities.
• Reviewing the effectiveness of our Child Protection Policy and activities on a regular basis (at least annually).
• Providing children and young people with a Child-safe information containing guidelines on how the club will keep them safe.
• Introducing new members to the Child-safe scheme.
Our Child Protection officer is:
Craig Lloyd, Youth Unlimited CIC Managing Director